Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ina Garten Musta Didn't Get The Memo

I like Ina. I like that she's obviously committed to being the middle-aged sex kitten of the Food Network. She's got that husky voice and that "I'm not wearing any underwear" chuckle going on. It's pretty clear to me that she and Jeffrey (her short, balding, bespectacled, potbellied, middle aged husband) are having LOTS of sex at her Hamptons estate. I get that and I like it.

Ina, however, is apparently living in a parallel universe where we all have access to a custom-made pantry with Malagasy vanilla beans steeping in Russian vodka and an acre of organic poppy flowers so we can harvest our own saffron! I honestly think she has bumped her head with the door of her Sub-Zero refrigerator one too many times.

Tune in and you'll see Ina massaging a $75 leg of lamb with truffle oil and fresh rosemary from her garden. Another day she's admonishing her viewers to use "good (read: EXPENSIVE AS HELL) kosher salt/Ceylon cinnamon/undutched German cocoa powder/European butter with a 100% butterfat content.....

Lady, it's 2009. Did you miss the memo?? A man just killed his entire family AND himself because he and his wife lost their jobs! The unemployment rate is sky-friggin'-high!! Did you happen to see that the government of Iceland collapsed the other day??

Oh...you probably didn't. Too busy churning out lavender-scented ice cream and caramel drizzled tarte-tatin.

Carry on.

3 comments:

  1. Uhmmmm!Is food suppose to be that sexy? Give me the Late Justin Wilson. The cajun chef. Or was it Nathaniel Dupree? Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to take the time to say a little about Ina Garten. Well maybe not, just look her up on WIKI, and we will all know why she has this life. On another note, I used her EXACT recipe for Deep Dish Apple Pie for Christmas dinner,(Ok I bought the pie crust - but hey I'm working on it), and I hated it. I don't want my apple pie to taste ummm "orangy". Homegirl uses A LOT of grated orange zest. So, though I like Ina, I was not feelin' her Apple Pie recipe - or maybe my ingredients weren't "Good" enough. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you on Ina's apple pie recipe.... on the orange zest, you probably were not using that $25 bottle one that's avaialble through mail order outta Nappa Valley. :-(

    ReplyDelete